Hot Issue: Carla beat Manasa & Tracy in the Final 6

Re: Hot Issue: Carla beat Manasa & Tracy in the Final 6

Postby AaronICK » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:18 am

After 2016, I never really took Miss World seriously.

It is NOT a beauty pageant. It's a job application, typically like THE APPRENTICE. You don't win based on beauty, wits, glamour and class, that's for sure.

AaronICK
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1977
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Self-employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Just ask

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:50 am

AaronICK wrote:After 2016, I never really took Miss World seriously.

It is NOT a beauty pageant. It's a job application, typically like THE APPRENTICE. You don't win based on beauty, wits, glamour and class, that's for sure.

That is what I am saying the whole time but some of them disagreed with me.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby the critic » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:47 pm

AaronICK wrote:After 2016, I never really took Miss World seriously.

AREN'T ALL THE PAGEANTS LIKE THAT? BEING BEAUTIFUL IS ONLY A PREREQUISITE. EVERYTHING ELSE COMES DOWN TO WHO THE JUDGES/ORGANIZATION WANT TO REPRESENT THE ORGANIZATION FOR A YEAR.

YOU'RE HEAD IS PROBABLY STUCK IN THE BYGONE ERA WHEN VITAL STATISTICS AND LOOKING HOT IN SWIMWEAR WAS THE ONLY FACTOR.
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby life » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:00 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
life wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
chorr wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India. The Philippines also had a fair share of undeserved high placements in several major pageants. Let's just put it that way.

????

I thought Carla was the BEST LOOKING Indonesian girl EVERYWHERE, yet she did not deliver during the pageant. If only she made at least BWAP or H2H then that podium finish could've been a little bit more justified.

You go and tell that to Koyal in 2014!
Tell that to Bela in 2016!
To Shrinkhala in 2018!

They all led their respective years with massive support and amassing high placements in challenge events but still failed to get the Asian Continental queen award.

In fact, Indonesia and Nepal had a few BWAP winners (look, not just a Top 5 but actual winner!) who did NOT even get the Continental Queen award! So I don't understand where the whining is coming from. This is Miss World! Challenge events DO NOT matter the moment they are reduced to Top 12 or Top 13! Every real pageant expert knows that! Ivian was not even a finalist in BWAP! Rolene was just Top 10. Stephanie was nowhere in the radar. There are precedents to that...

No, the pageant world doesn't have to revolve around Philippines or India. But that's not even the point. I am not rallying behind Manasa because she is a Miss India. I am rallying behind Manasa because she is Manasa (a gem). Everyone has seen her beauty of course but more importantly heard her speak in H2H and also in top 12. Why in the world then would she stop at mere top 12?? ~X(

Japan did NOT even make it into the Top 40 despite being a great speaker! Have you seen her H2H challenge? She was the best in the group but unfortunately, the first round of H2H was all about fan votes and had nothing to do with wisdom, eloquence and substance. Japan was 2nd RU in Talent! She was also a finalist in Sports! But lo and behold, she's NOT in the Top 40!!! Top 40!!!

After the Top 13 speech, I had Poland, India and Cote as my Top3. I even posted it on my Facebook real time! Disappointed NOT to see Manasa in the Top 5, but it is what it is...

This is the first time I am seeing someone comment on Japan. Maybe she was good. But Manasa's case was different. There are pageant followers who said Manasa was the best speaker not in only in MW but of all the pageants this year ! Despite that she lost H2H to Ivory Coast. Like you said it was fan vote. So I understood that because this year Ivory seemed to have her entire country rallying behind her (for whatever reason). So my problem is not really Manasa losing the H2H. With or without that she still made it to Top 13. Fans are biased. But Top 13 to Top 6 cut is not based on fan votes. Then what made the 'accomplished', 'sensible' and 'unbiased' judges drop her from Top 6? That's my issue.
life

Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play

Postby XAMURAI » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:02 am

life wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
life wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
chorr wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India. The Philippines also had a fair share of undeserved high placements in several major pageants. Let's just put it that way.

????

I thought Carla was the BEST LOOKING Indonesian girl EVERYWHERE, yet she did not deliver during the pageant. If only she made at least BWAP or H2H then that podium finish could've been a little bit more justified.

To Shrinkhala in 2018!

They all led their respective years with massive support and amassing high placements in challenge events but still failed to get the Asian Continental queen award.

In fact, Indonesia and Nepal had a few BWAP winners (look, not just a Top 5 but actual winner!) who did NOT even get the Continental Queen award! So I don't understand where the whining is coming from. This is Miss World! Challenge events DO NOT matter the moment they are reduced to Top 12 or Top 13! Every real pageant expert knows that! Ivian was not even a finalist in BWAP! Rolene was just Top 10. Stephanie was nowhere in the radar. There are precedents to that...

No, the pageant world doesn't have to revolve around Philippines or India. But that's not even the point. I am not rallying behind Manasa because she is a Miss India. I am rallying behind Manasa because she is Manasa (a gem). Everyone has seen her beauty of course but more importantly heard her speak in H2H and also in top 12. Why in the world then would she stop at mere top 12?? ~X(

Japan did NOT even make it into the Top 40 despite being a great speaker! Have you seen her H2H challenge? She was the best in the group but unfortunately, the first round of H2H was all about fan votes and had nothing to do with wisdom, eloquence and substance. Japan was 2nd RU in Talent! She was also a finalist in Sports! But lo and behold, she's NOT in the Top 40!!! Top 40!!!

After the Top 13 speech, I had Poland, India and Cote as my Top3. I even posted it on my Facebook real time! Disappointed NOT to see Manasa in the Top 5, but it is what it is...

This is the first time I am seeing someone comment on Japan. Maybe she was good. But Manasa's case was different. There are pageant followers who said Manasa was the best speaker not in only in MW but of all the pageants this year ! Despite that she lost H2H to Ivory Coast. Like you said it was fan vote. So I understood that because this year Ivory seemed to have her entire country rallying behind her (for whatever reason). So my problem is not really Manasa losing the H2H. With or without that she still made it to Top 13. Fans are biased. But Top 13 to Top 6 cut is not based on fan votes. Then what made the 'accomplished', 'sensible' and 'unbiased' judges drop her from Top 6? That's my issue.

Because it is MISS WORLD! Anything can happen!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby life » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:42 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
life wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
life wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
chorr wrote:

????

To Shrinkhala in 2018!

This is the first time I am seeing someone comment on Japan. Maybe she was good. But Manasa's case was different. There are pageant followers who said Manasa was the best speaker not only in MW but of all the pageants this year ! Despite that she lost H2H to Ivory Coast. Like you said it was fan vote. So I understood that because this year Ivory seemed to have her entire country rally behind her (for whatever reason). So my problem is not really Manasa losing the H2H. With or without that, she still made it to Top 13. Fans are biased. But Top 13 to Top 6 cut is not based on fan votes. Then what made the 'accomplished', 'sensible' and 'unbiased' judges drop her from Top 6? That's my issue.

Because it is MISS WORLD! Anything can happen!

Well, yeah !! Isn't that the problem with MW? Anything goes !! But that shouldn't be the case. Pageants (like anything else) should be reliable, not whimsical. Else obviously people will not take it seriously. MW is hurting its own reputation.
life

Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play

Previous

Return to Miss World