MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2013 is GINA HARGITAY

Re: MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2013 SEARCH

Postby miss_ting » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Im surprised the girls paid an offical visit to the Indian Embassy..and not the INdonesian where MW will be held, LOL..Candy seems to be confused. The girls seem to be spending much of the early weeks touring, instead of focusing on basic training, styling, grooming, speech ect. Usually touring is reserved for the final week. Hmmm. Having said that Ariel seems to be growing out the sides a bit..but Id love to see her wear more cutting edge accessories. Uhm Kerry Kay (aka Christine Straw according to some) is a hot mess on the left...

One thing noticeable, contestants seem so very happy, unlike last year when they all hated one contestant, LoL. I suspect they will all be very happy for the winner this yr, regardless of who is crowned..I dont thinnk anyone will go on facebook after, posting mean things like " I saw it coming"..LOL..

miss_ting
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1983
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cuisine, design, beauty, fashion

Postby miss_ting » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Ruff Neck Brat wrote:I have a few questions to ask the seasoned pageant personas on the board. Pray tell:

1. Why on earth isn't the basics of makeup application the first thing the girls are taught? They are being photographed at every single outing and from the looks of it the camera person/s does not give a damn (or have a clue) about lighting, angles or getting the right poses. A few pointers and some of the young women would look miles better. Those of you with some clout with the organizers perhaps you could suggest that the girls be instructed to watch at least a YouTube beauty guru...

2. Why for the love of lipstick are ugly pictures posted of the contestants? Can't the organizers go through the photographs submitted by the (hired) photographer and pick only the most flattering shots of ALL contestants? Some of the contestants look a hot, scary mess in their pictures through no fault of their own. Everyone has a bad angle, but is it really necessary to post unflattering photographs of contestants in a BEAUTY pageant? Compared to the photographs of contestants from around the world, our girls do not look polished at all; early stages or not. Those of you with some clout with the organizers perhaps you could suggest that they a) stop getting two for one packages from photographers b) instruct the photographers and the girls on poses c) tap post ugly pickcha of di gyal dem d) all of the above

3. Did some of the contestants wake up one day and realize they had magically been entered into a beauty pageant? It's like it has caught some of them totally by surprise. I see some of the pictures and Konshens comes to mind, "Look pon da body deh!" but not in a good way...Why are (some of) their bodies not on point? Do they all wait for the free gym membership or something? Those of you with some clout with the organizers perhaps you could suggest that the girls be instructed to look up P90X, Insanity or even crunches...

...Sigh, I have finished my diatribe for tonight. You can now go in on my questions and add your thoughts please. Enquiring minds would like to know.

P.S. I am loving the commentators on the Jamaican board!

agreed with you..the first couple weeks after elimination should focus on all of the above. Girls should be under lock down, learning the art of pageantry and competitng, and being on point, looking their best..even experimenting with looks. Otherwise whats the point?..Laura has it all wrong I fear...too much hype, and not enough substance, shes running a fun girls summer camp it seems...Im not convinced shes out to find the next Miss World...
miss_ting

Postby redbird35 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:03 pm

miss_ting wrote:Im surprised the girls paid an offical visit to the Indian Embassy..and not the INdonesian where MW will be held, LOL..Candy seems to be confused. The girls seem to be spending much of the early weeks touring, instead of focusing on basic training, styling, grooming, speech ect. Usually touring is reserved for the final week. Hmmm. Having said that Ariel seems to be growing out the sides a bit..but Id love to see her wear more cutting edge accessories. Uhm Kerry Kay (aka Christine Straw according to some) is a hot mess on the left...

One thing noticeable, contestants seem so very happy, unlike last year when they all hated one contestant, LoL. I suspect they will all be very happy for the winner this yr, regardless of who is crowned..I dont thinnk anyone will go on facebook after, posting mean things like " I saw it coming"..LOL..

i can't get over how plain some of these girls are. is ariel wearing a nose ring in these pics?
IT'S NOT PERSONAL, IT'S PAGEANTRY (TM)
[youtube]aUtRN6J3Nwo[/youtube]
redbird35
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1964
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: fashion
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: music

Postby MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 pm

the critic wrote:
mobot wrote:
the critic wrote:ANYBODY KNOWS WHEN THEY GONNA HAVE BEACH BEAUTY AND TOP MODEL? IT'S NOT FEELING LIKE A CONTEST YET. THOSE CANDID INTERVIEW VIDEOS ARE LAME AS SHIT. THOSE COULDA STAYED ON MISS LAURA'S COMPUTER. SOME OF THE GIRLS ARE SO GREASY U COULD FRY CHICKEN ON THEIR FACES.

BTW I'M JUST GETTING THE MEMO THAT THE PAGEANT IS CALLED SUZUKI MISS JAMAICA WORLD. THEY MUST BE FRIGHTEN OVER CAR. LOL

They are headed to Mobay this weekend, so maybe Beach Beauty is on deck..
You right this thing not feeling like a competition yet.

The girls went out tonight and some little pet peeves
1. girls need to know when to wear night time make up and when to wear daytime. I support looking as natural as possible but stop looking like you just rolled out of bed and put on some lip gloss.

:zzz "Some of these girls don't look like the others...."

2.Laura could have spent last week hooking the girls up with some basic tips, primer ,concealer, foundation, contouring, brows, lip-..etc

3.yawn...maybe this weekend will bring the excitement

OMG. KERRY KAYS LOOK BLAND. HER INEXPERIENCE IS SHOWING. SHE HAVE THE SKIN TONE TO HOLD MAKE UP, I GUESS SHE DON'T GOT A CLUE.
THE GIRL WITH THE TIGHT SMILE KNOWS HER STUFF. IT LOOKS LIKE A PROFESSIONAL DID HER MAKE UP. SHE IS GLOWING.
ARIEL IS LOOKING TOO STRONG N BOLD IN THESE PICS.

MAYBE BEACH BEAUTY SHOULD BE LAST ON THE SCHEDULE COS MOST OFF THESE CHICKS ARE BADLY OUTTA SHAPE. LET'S HAVE TALENT N SPORTS IN THE MEAN TIME. LOL

ARIEL IS JUST NOT BEAUTY QUEEN MATERIAL..HER FACE IS TOO TOUGH AND MANLY .....BACK IN THE 80"S AND 90"S SOME OF THESE GIRLS WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE THE TOP 20 #:-S
BEAUTY POLICE

[youtube]ikNGBSkFgjE[/youtube]
[youtube]rekP2iwhT5Q[/youtube]
MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: MARKETTING EXECUTIVE
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: GYM,SPEED WRITING,

Postby miss_ting » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Redbird..yes..its a nose ring!! I wont say another word. If Candy was on top of her game, instead of running a summer camp for girls..that nose ring wouldve been out. Its inapproriate for this. If you go somewhere for a formal event, a nose ring is a NO NO. But the girls are not being guided properly, they have missed the objective totally. They seem on their own with hair & makeup & styling. Bottom line, any of these 25 girls, can be crowned MJW, cuz it wont really matter. And yes, most are plain and shouldve been cut at the eliminations. Its quite simple.
miss_ting

Postby Frank Speech » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:45 pm

The nose ring needs to go pronto.

On an aside, I totally agree that the ladies seem to be getting along and having a great time.
Frank Speech
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1980
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Research
Hobbies/Interests: internet, movies, music

Postby redbird35 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:47 pm

miss_ting wrote:Redbird..yes..its a nose ring!! I wont say another word. If Candy was on top of her game, instead of running a summer camp for girls..that nose ring wouldve been out. Its inapproriate for this. If you go somewhere for a formal event, a nose ring is a NO NO. But the girls are not being guided properly, they have missed the objective totally. They seem on their own with hair & makeup & styling. Bottom line, any of these 25 girls, can be crowned MJW, cuz it wont really matter. And yes, most are plain and shouldve been cut at the eliminations. Its quite simple.

amanda for the win, lol. just kidding. but i agree that as of now, all of these girls will be clappers. its just a matter of who can beat #69"s placing in 2011.
redbird35

Postby kristof » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Gina Hargitay is show potential. She could pull a surprise.
kristof
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Pageant, Music

Postby miss_ting » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm

kristof wrote:Gina Hargitay is show potential. She could pull a surprise.

shes the only one who seems to have a stylist..or know something about styling..whether dressed up..or dressed down...shes consistently well put together..
miss_ting

Postby Sun Goddess » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:37 am

YES Indeed. Gina Hargitay is growing on me. Very lovely smile and deportment. Def in my top 3.
Sun Goddess
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 08 Aug 2000
Profession: Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Sun Bathing, Travelling

Postby kristof » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 am

miss_ting wrote:

shes the only one who seems to have a stylist..or know something about styling..whether dressed up..or dressed down...shes consistently well put together..

She needs to work on her body, that is the main reason I overlooked her from the start.
kristof

Postby kristof » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:48 am

I had such high hopes for Shanice R. I saw potential in her that could be brought out with the right training and guidance but she is losing me at this point. ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( She appears so basic, and pale, lacking effort. Laura need to get professionals to teach these girls how to look camera ready.

Johanna Sadler could use some help too, instead of enhancing her beauty, her make up makes her look drunk and wasted.
kristof

Postby mobot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:12 am

kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

She needs to work on her body, that is the main reason I overlooked her from the start.

This is why the competition doesn't feel like a competition but a gathering of odds and ends and incomplete girls,either too young, not the right body type, too old, plain, too edgy etc. I've liked Gina H from elimination and felt like her body badly needed some Spartanizing, that and she is slightly pigeon toed at least from what I can tell, but those who have seen her in action should have a better idea, she needs to workout and carb control to shed lbs, but her face has great potential and she is a young 18. I haven't heard her speak but just from a snapshot i've liked her face and she is a great height, but like many have said we need an all rounder and I am clueless as to what these girls are capable of

Shanice is showing her age, a 17 year old in over her head, Laura could definitely help the girls

I wih they would update the website so I could atleast pass the time reading the bios :zzz
mobot

Real Life Name/Nick: Boo
Date of Birth: 20 Apr 1973
Profession: SAHM
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: reading,learning helping others

Postby kristof » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:28 am

mobot wrote:
kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

This is why the competition doesn't feel like a competition but a gathering of odds and ends and incomplete girls,either too young, not the right body type, too old, plain, too edgy etc. I've liked Gina H from elimination and felt like her body badly needed some Spartanizing, that and she is slightly pigeon toed at least from what I can tell, but those who have seen her in action should have a better idea, she needs to workout and carb control to shed lbs, but her face has great potential and she is a young 18. I haven't heard her speak but just from a snapshot i've liked her face and she is a great height, but like many have said we need an all rounder and I am clueless as to what these girls are capable of

Shanice is showing her age, a 17 year old in over her head, Laura could definitely help the girls

I wih they would update the website so I could atleast pass the time reading the bios :zzz

Gina is 18? If I were to guess her age I would say 23.

I can't believe there are still no bios and the usual, now irrelevant vital statistics. The pageant so far seem like more fun and no work. Apart from the resume writing crash course I haven't seen any more teaching going on, at least not anything pageant related.
kristof

Postby mobot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:39 am

kristof wrote:
mobot wrote:
kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

Gina is 18? If I were to guess her age I would say 23.

I can't believe there are still no bios and the usual, now irrelevant vital statistics. The pageant so far seem like more fun and no work. Apart from the resume writing crash course I haven't seen any more teaching going on, at least not anything pageant related.

yes I believe she recently completed sixth form in UK and I am hearing the girls are competing in Model and Beach Beauty this weekend, lets see how things go..
mobot

Postby mobot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:54 am

Ruff Neck Brat wrote:I have a few questions to ask the seasoned pageant personas on the board. Pray tell:

1. Why on earth isn't the basics of makeup application the first thing the girls are taught? They are being photographed at every single outing and from the looks of it the camera person/s does not give a damn (or have a clue) about lighting, angles or getting the right poses. A few pointers and some of the young women would look miles better. Those of you with some clout with the organizers perhaps you could suggest that the girls be instructed to watch at least a YouTube beauty guru...

2. Why for the love of lipstick are ugly pictures posted of the contestants? Can't the organizers go through the photographs submitted by the (hired) photographer and pick only the most flattering shots of ALL contestants? Some of the contestants look a hot, scary mess in their pictures through no fault of their own. Everyone has a bad angle, but is it really necessary to post unflattering photographs of contestants in a BEAUTY pageant? Compared to the photographs of contestants from around the world, our girls do not look polished at all; early stages or not. Those of you with some clout with the organizers perhaps you could suggest that they a) stop getting two for one packages from photographers b) instruct the photographers and the girls on poses c) tap post ugly pickcha of di gyal dem d) all of the above

3. Did some of the contestants wake up one day and realize they had magically been entered into a beauty pageant? It's like it has caught some of them totally by surprise. I see some of the pictures and Konshens comes to mind, "Look pon da body deh!" but not in a good way...Why are (some of) their bodies not on point? Do they all wait for the free gym membership or something? Those of you with some clout with the organizers perhaps you could suggest that the girls be instructed to look up P90X, Insanity or even crunches...

...Sigh, I have finished my diatribe for tonight. You can now go in on my questions and add your thoughts please. Enquiring minds would like to know.

they could have cut the top 25 to 18..used that extra sponsorship money to hire a few good in house hair and freelance make up artists around JA, saved a bunch of money and time

I like that we get to see candids and in the moment shots but I feel you, sometimes that is all we are getting, a bunch of candids that aren't flattering
mobot

Postby redbird35 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:53 pm

mobot wrote:

they could have cut the top 25 to 18..used that extra sponsorship money to hire a few good in house hair and freelance make up artists around JA, saved a bunch of money and time

I like that we get to see candids and in the moment shots but I feel you, sometimes that is all we are getting, a bunch of candids that aren't flattering

i don't understand your first point mobot because more sponsors = more money. that is clearly why they have 25 instead of 20. but i agree, instead of paying lauara's company for a one day seminar on resume writing and job skills (i am not in-the-know, but i assume that the seminar was not free), they could have spent that money on stuff more closely related to preparing the girls for the pageant. in fact, what they should be doing is setting aside a pot of money for training the winner, producing and documenting the bwap project and sending a chaperone who is a stylist/make up guru with the winner. that pot of money could come from the sponsor of the winner, who would agree to it in advance in the sponsor contract -- i.e., if your randomly chosen girl wins, then please pony up x additional dollars. clearly, the current model is a money making venture for the franchise holder, not a vehicle for producing a winner of mw.
redbird35

Postby redbird35 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

*in miss ting voice* -- well, i am glad you all are on board with my pick. i have been saying all along that she has that mw spark, she just needs to work on her body issues and learn how to smile. *miss ting voice off*.

just kidding, lol. miss ting -- this is the girl who you said doesn't have that mw easy breezy smile. anyway, i agree with both of you. as i have been saying forever now, i want to see what happens in at least beach beauty and top model. for beach beauty, i hope they don't do the usual and pick the girl with the "best body" even if she is as plain as an excelsior water cracker.

btw, what is going on with the video interviews? why aren't they posted yet? sigh.
redbird35

Postby mobot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:32 pm

redbird35 wrote:
mobot wrote:

i don't understand your first point mobot because more sponsors = more money. that is clearly why they have 25 instead of 20. but i agree, instead of paying lauara's company for a one day seminar on resume writing and job skills (i am not in-the-know, but i assume that the seminar was not free), they could have spent that money on stuff more closely related to preparing the girls for the pageant. in fact, what they should be doing is setting aside a pot of money for training the winner, producing and documenting the bwap project and sending a chaperone who is a stylist/make up guru with the winner. that pot of money could come from the sponsor of the winner, who would agree to it in advance in the sponsor contract -- i.e., if your randomly chosen girl wins, then please pony up x additional dollars. clearly, the current model is a money making venture for the franchise holder, not a vehicle for producing a winner of mw.

My point wasn't a well thought out point but at the time I was thinking, have less contestant sponsors, (less girls wearing a sash with a sponsor name )and use those other sponsors in the same way they have fast track sponsors,(although i PRESUME fast track sponsorship in this case costs more because a girl is usually wearing a sash and then that sponsor also puts up for fast track eg Ms Venus Embrace) I'm assuming that there are tiers in sponsorship of the competition, - the title sponsor in this case the Suzuki car dealership, the contestant sponsors and then they could have a fast track sponsors - eg Top Model, this sponsors money would go towards grooming and training but she would be sashed as Miss ____ only after winning her fast track...I dunno, I was just throwing out something off the top of my head. So the jist is, use sponsors in other ways besides just as contestant sponsors. I definitely agree though that I hope somewhere along the way they are putting aside money for the things you mentioned but I bet Fusion (Laura's company) will be the chaperone/stylist/glam squad to escort and train MJW 2013
mobot

Postby redbird35 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:58 pm

mobot wrote:
redbird35 wrote:
mobot wrote:

My point wasn't a well thought out point but at the time I was thinking, have less contestant sponsors, (less girls wearing a sash with a sponsor name )and use those other sponsors in the same way they have fast track sponsors,(although i PRESUME fast track sponsorship in this case costs more because a girl is usually wearing a sash and then that sponsor also puts up for fast track eg Ms Venus Embrace) I'm assuming that there are tiers in sponsorship of the competition, - the title sponsor in this case the Suzuki car dealership, the contestant sponsors and then they could have a fast track sponsors - eg Top Model, this sponsors money would go towards grooming and training but she would be sashed as Miss ____ only after winning her fast track...I dunno, I was just throwing out something off the top of my head. So the jist is, use sponsors in other ways besides just as contestant sponsors. I definitely agree though that I hope somewhere along the way they are putting aside money for the things you mentioned but I bet Fusion (Laura's company) will be the chaperone/stylist/glam squad to escort and train MJW 2013

ok, got it. i don't have a problem with someone from laura's company being the glam squad if that person has the expertise. of course, when you have an inherent conflict, chances are you won't end up with the best person.
redbird35

Postby kristof » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:01 pm

redbird35 wrote:
kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

*in miss ting voice* -- well, i am glad you all are on board with my pick. i have been saying all along that she has that mw spark, she just needs to work on her body issues and learn how to smile. *miss ting voice off*.

just kidding, lol. miss ting -- this is the girl who you said doesn't have that mw easy breezy smile. anyway, i agree with both of you. as i have been saying forever now, i want to see what happens in at least beach beauty and top model. for beach beauty, i hope they don't do the usual and pick the girl with the "best body" even if she is as plain as an excelsior water cracker.

btw, what is going on with the video interviews? why aren't they posted yet? sigh.

Are they really hosting Beach Beauty this weekend? I liked the suggestion made by a member about making it the last, since most girls aren't in the best form.

Based on past trend, I bet the fit girl from Florida and the rasta contestant from Middlesex will be making the rounds in this event.
kristof

Postby Sun Goddess » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Sun Goddess

Postby redbird35 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:33 pm

kristof wrote:
redbird35 wrote:
kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

Are they really hosting Beach Beauty this weekend? I liked the suggestion made by a member about making it the last, since most girls aren't in the best form.

Based on past trend, I bet the fit girl from Florida and the rasta contestant from Middlesex will be making the rounds in this event.

mjw always seems to use criteria for beach beauty that are different from those used by mw.
redbird35

Postby xerosystem » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 pm

OUT OF THESE TWO LADIES ONE WILL MAKE TOP 5.

Last edited by xerosystem on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEAUTY SCOUT!
xerosystem

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1975
Profession: Beauty Scout
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Scout!

Postby xerosystem » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm

BEAUTY SCOUT!
xerosystem

Postby miss_ting » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:43 pm

redbird35 wrote:
kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

Pick your favourite and enjoy. Yes..I find her smile "tight", but thats just my opinon, its not gospel. Shes definitely the most put together, in terms of overall styling and consistency- she has nice taste in clothes, accessorries and knows her style. If she wins, I wish her the best at MW, Ill support her fully, but I dont think she has the package to place...and no- I dont see a potential Miss World amongst this batch of girls. Last year..yes, there was one LOL..but definitely not this year. Can someone tell Ariel to stop wearing that head chain now?? It was OK the first time, but will she wear it everytime out - as if its a trademark?? Gosh..someone need to have a good chat with these girls.

miss_ting

Postby miss_ting » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Never in my pageant life..have I seen a franchise holder have so much fun during pageant, LOL. Laura think shes one of the contestants?? No wonder she forgot about the training, styling, grooming, speech. Shes out and about enjoying the activities, as if shes competiting..LOL..Cant someone let her know its not about her?? LOL

miss_ting

Postby kristof » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:58 pm

miss_ting wrote:Never in my pageant life..have I seen a franchise holder have so much fun during pageant, LOL. Laura think shes one of the contestants?? No wonder she forgot about the training, styling, grooming, speech. Shes out and about enjoying the activities, as if shes competiting..LOL..Cant someone let her know its not about her?? LOL

Laura is enjoying the 'ride'. Might as well. At least she can say she had fun too.
kristof

Postby Sun Goddess » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm

@ The Beach Beauty Fast Track:

TOP TEN:
Sun Goddess

Postby xerosystem » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:54 pm

BEAUTY SCOUT!
xerosystem

PreviousNext

Return to Miss World